Ever thought about Hiring a Life Coach?
In 2016 there was a global study conducted that indicated there are at least 53,000 professional coaches registered with the International Coach Federation. This organisation is the leading body for coaching. ICF coaches have met stringent education and experience requirements and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the coaching competencies that set the standard in the profession. Coaching has a range of applications for wellness, career, leadership, business and life. Many people do not understand what is involved, so here are 7 things that may be helpful when considering hiring a coach.
The 7 things you need to know:
- Coaching keeps you accountable and help you become the best version of yourself. To undertake self-care and lift your self-awareness, you have to commit to the coaching process. Sometimes coaching takes weeks and months of dedication. Clients have reported that it is empowering and rejuvenating.
- Coaches are not therapists or counsellors. Credentialed coaches are professional practitioners who create a safe and comforting space for open discussion, listening, questioning, story-telling and goal planning. Coaches are focused on you and your future, not what has happened in the past.
- It’s a personal choice. There is a coach out there for anything you need and it is a wise idea to interview three coaches. Ask them about their training, their experience and what type of clients they work with. If you have a great rapport with a coach then listen and trust your instinct.
- Coaching is non-judgmental, supportive and future-focused. It uncovers roadblocks and obstacles that prevent you from achieving lifelong dreams. Sessions will consist of take-away exercises and journaling tasks. These all help you to release and understand your inner potential in a positive way.
- You don’t want to go to a life coach with the expectation they will fix you. This is your life, and a life coach is not the expert on your life. We are all on the journey of self‑discovery; however, a life coach must be committed to listening and hearing what you need.
- It raises your expectations and improves your willingness to succeed. As you make changes in one area of your life, a ripple effect will spread into other areas in ways you might not have anticipated. Expect this effect, and raise your expectations in all areas accordingly. Remember to keep a positive and motivated attitude.
- Coaching is designed around goals, action steps and objectives. With a clear idea of your desired outcomes, you can better choose a coach practitioner who is well-equipped to help you develop a strategy for achieving them.
Coaching has multiple benefits including the prospect of transforming your life. Coaching is compassionate, energizing, surprising, purposeful and authentic. It helps you navigate your life with confidence and clarity. Doesn’t it make sense to have a coaching partner in your back pocket? Search GOOGLE or ICF for a coach near you, then make contact and reach out for assistance.